We are currently looking for an experienced Healthcare Data Analyst at First Databank (FDB) who can work independently under the broad supervision of a team lead, supervisor, or manager. As a Healthcare Data Analyst, you will be responsible for managing and prioritizing day-to-day work and assigned projects. Your role involves analyzing situations and making informed decisions based on established policies and procedures. You will also demonstrate effective communication skills to deliver the intended message for expected results.
- Independently plan, prioritize, and complete assigned work, including special projects unrelated to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Run intermediate/advanced queries and review final results for appropriateness using Oracle SQL and Apollo-based tools.
- Maintain, analyze, and understand data audits and reports, including government pricing in Medicaid and Medicare data.
- Identify and utilize expanded sources to address customer inquiries.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Informatics Pharmacist on projects requiring data analysis.
- Apply results of data analysis to use cases and product analysis.
- Ensure work conforms to stated policies and standards.
- Acquire, clean, and transform data into usable formats.
- Analyze and interpret large datasets effectively.
- Mentor and train other Research Associates, contributing to their skill development.
- Independently handle difficult problems or projects with limited supervision.
- Resolve customer inquiries independently and escalate when necessary.
- Collaborate with managers to identify interdepartmental needs and create improved work processes.
- Perform audits or identify department metrics to measure data quality and efficiency.
- Take ownership of all completed work.
- Engage in open and honest communication within the team, committing to decisions and collective achievements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer-related or Science-related course, or equivalent experience of 2 years.
- At least 2 years of industry experience, preferably in data analysis.
- Proficiency with FDB data entry systems, internal support systems, and database knowledge.
- Competency in data entry using Apollo forms and various data platforms and tables.
- Familiarity with propriety systems.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Excel Macros, Access, and Teams.
- Basic ability to run queries using Oracle SQL.
- Logical application of drug knowledge and pharmacy experience to data entry, consistent with current Medicaid Policy (training provided).
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare government pricing.
- Familiarity with common data sources for research and data storage.
- Strong analytical background and ability to manage and analyze significant amounts of data.
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, and transforming techniques.
- Advanced problem-solving skills to analyze and propose solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to propose solutions for problem-solving within the normal workflow.
- Adherence to work procedures, meeting applicable deadlines, accuracy, and productivity standards.
- Willingness to seek training to enhance departmental performance.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Certificate in Healthcare Data Analytics course
- Certificate in Oracle SQL course
- Pharmacy Technician certification (preferred)
If you are up for this rewarding challenge and meet the qualifications, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our team revolutionizing healthcare information technology.