Job Description: Medical/Health Care Program Analyst (Requisition No: 809071)
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: Medical/Health Care Program Analyst (Position Number: 68064868)
Salary: $1,742.64 biweekly
Posting Closing Date: 08/12/2023
The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) serves as Florida’s chief health policy and planning entity. It oversees the Florida Medicaid program, regulates nearly 50,000 health care facilities, and promotes health care transparency for consumers.
AHCA, under the direction of the Agency Secretary, is dedicated to making Florida’s health care system the most cost-effective, transparent, and high-quality system in the nation. Key initiatives include the groundbreaking Canadian Prescription Drug Importation Program, healthcare technological ecosystem improvement, and enhanced cost insights.
We are seeking a talented Medical/Health Care Program Analyst to join our team and contribute to improving health care services through Florida’s Medicaid Program. This position requires creativity, flexibility, innovation, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Review Nursing Home Cost Reports for accuracy and compliance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Utilize advanced Excel skills to prepare financial information for audit and archiving by contract CPA firms.
- Assist in the design and implementation of cost reporting and data collection techniques.
- Generate ad hoc reports as needed.
- Provide technical advice and assistance on cost report requirements and audit reports to contract auditors, other Agency areas, and governmental agencies.
- Conduct training programs to enhance the professional standards of audit staff and related personnel within the Bureau.
- Perform related work as required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in accounting, mathematics, auditing, or financial analysis, OR a minimum of two years of experience researching, analyzing, and reconciling financial data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field such as accounting, mathematics, finance, economics, or statistics is highly preferred and can substitute for required work experience on a year-for-year basis.
This is an office-based position located in the Bureau of Medicaid Program Finance (MPF) in Tallahassee or a Field Office. Telecommuting is not available.
Working for the State of Florida offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, life, dental, and vision insurance options, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans, generous leave benefits, 9 paid holidays, career advancement opportunities, tuition waiver for Florida’s State University System courses, training, and professional development opportunities, among others.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, visit our website at [AHCA Website Link] and submit your application
For inquiries about this position, please contact Richard Odum at (850) 412-4101.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act should notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735) in advance to ensure sufficient time for the accommodation.
The State of Florida maintains a drug-free workplace, and all employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Veterans eligible for Veterans’ Preference under Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies. Supporting documentation must be provided with each submission to demonstrate eligibility.