Are you a dedicated clinician looking to expand your knowledge and skills? We are seeking a capable Registered Nurse (RN) – Skilled Clinician in Nursing who can consistently provide effective direct care as part of our interdisciplinary team, offering support to a variety of complex patients. Your role will involve managing care and implementing treatment plans with a refined skill level, all while collaborating closely with patients, their families, physicians, and other healthcare team members. Your valuable feedback for improved clinical practice will be welcomed, and although you may be taking on a beginning leadership role, we will provide the necessary mentoring to help you thrive.
This job description is aligned with the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
- Relationship-Based Care – Self and Colleagues: Recognize the importance of building strong relationships with yourself, colleagues, and patients and their families, and understand how this positively impacts the patient experience.
- Relationship-Based Care – Patients and Families: Foster meaningful connections with patients and their families, understanding that these relationships also contribute to the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: Showcase your expertise in clinical assessment, planning, prioritization, coordination, and implementation of patient care.
- Empowered Leaders: Demonstrate your knowledge and actively participate in shared governance, contributing to the growth of the healthcare team.
- Lifelong Learners: Embrace professional development opportunities through formal education, certification, internal and external learning opportunities, and acknowledge the value of external professional organizations. Support the onboarding of new team members when applicable.
- Quality Achievement: Commit to adhering to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehending outcomes data, engaging in performance improvement activities, and maintaining a commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: Embrace technological advancements that support patient care, and actively seek to implement evidence-based practices and the latest nursing research findings.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, you may be assigned other duties that align with the overall goals of the team.
- Education: Completion of an accredited nursing program is required. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing is necessary within 5 years of hire.
- Experience: You should have at least 1 year of relevant nursing experience.
- Licensure: You must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Additionally, an American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification is required.
This job involves standing for prolonged periods, frequent travel, and bending or stooping. Proficiency in communication, auditory, and visual skills is important, as well as attention to detail and legible writing. You should be able to lift, push, or pull objects weighing between 20 to 50 pounds. There may be exposure to chemicals, blood/body fluids, and infectious diseases.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At the University of Virginia, we believe that diversity is essential for excellence. We are committed to creating a diverse faculty and staff, valuing and respecting the unique perspectives and lived experiences of each individual. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we welcome qualified applicants from all backgrounds without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, or family medical or genetic information.